Friday, May 20, 2011

Survey Says...

To initially get a feeling for online money making, I'm trying a breadth of techniques first. I've joined a few survey companies. This can be a time consuming job and most of the pay outs tend to be from $0.50 to $15 plus bonus incentives. Most of the surveys take anywhere from 10 minutes to 7 days, but the average is usually 20 minutes. ( The 7 day one involved texting a phone number every time you saw certain advertisements in your daily life.) The surveys can fill up quickly and most of them are looking for a certain number of people that match different demographics like age, sex, location, etc.

. Global Test Market www.globaltestmarket.com is one of the largest and highest ranked survey networks in operation. After a few days of membership, I've received a few surveys per day and have been able to complete about half of what I've received. My big issue with them is that I may "qualify" for a lot of surveys, but I seem to be "screened out" of the majority of them. Global Test Market will give you an entry into a daily $300 drawing and a quarterly $20,000 drawing when this happens, but I still find it annoying.

They also give you "Market Points" for surveys. These points can be used to gain entries into cash sweepstakes or you can redeem them for cash. 1000 points is equal to $50 US and the average survey pays 35 points. You must accumulate at least 1000 points to redeem your money. Overall I could see myself making a few extra hundred dollars from this site in a year. Like I said, not a great return on investment, but if you're bored you can usually multi-task while doing these surveys.



The second site I joined is www.inboxdollars.com. This site is pretty cool and if you sign up now they give you $5 for free to start. Most of their surveys I've received are pretty low paying (usually around $1). So I have not completed many of them yet, but they also allow you to make money in other ways. You have the option of receiving paid emails (usually $0.10 to click on them).

You can also complete offers to sign up with other companies for money, you can play games for money, watch videos for cash, get grocery coupons, and get cash back percentages for shopping through their partners online (Some good ones are 5% cash back at Overstock.com and 13% cash back at shoemall.com). As you can see there are many ways to leverage Inbox Dollars and I like the fact that they use actual dollar amounts to show your progress.

Some of the offers are great because they're things that you'd do normally anyway. For example, if you sign up with DirecTV through them, you will receive $25. I haven't had time to thoroughly dig down into the site yet, but so far I like it. They will also pay you to sign up for other survey websites like the aforementioned Global Test Market. They'll give you $1 for that and they'll give you $2.00 to sign up for Valued Opinions (another survey site).

Inbox Dollars and Global Test Market are my top two survey sites. I don't mind cranking out a few surveys in my spare time, so it's a way to make a few extra dollars.


On another note, I've also decided that click bank is not really for me. If I'm going to promote products, I'd like them to be reasonably priced and from well known companies. Most of the websites on click bank would deter me if I was a buyer and the products usually retail around $50. So I'll be searching for other affiliate marketing opportunities soon and keep you up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment