Saturday, June 18, 2011

Share A Sale



I thought you might like to know where I'm getting all of my merchants from. I'm using www.shareasale.com as my primary source of affiliate partners.

They offer a huge selection of merchants to choose from separated into categories such as:

  • Art/Music/Photography

  • Business

  • Automotive

  • Clothing

  • Gifts

  • Home and Gardening

  • Travel

  • and many others



Currently, there are almost 3500 different merchants to choose from and that number is growing daily. They track your sales using referral links that you post. Once you get someone to click your link there's a tracking cookie embedded into their browser that will allow you to get a sale usually 30-60 days after they clicked it.

The great thing about that is you don't have to worry about making the sale during their first visit. This is perfect for a niche that is marketing more expensive products. Most people won't impulse buy on big purchases, so the cookies give them time to think about it and if they come back and buy, you still get credit.

Their payments are prompt and it's easy to track your progress. They have live statistics on your clicks and sales conversion rates for each retailer you're affiliated with. Their minimum payout is $50 and they send payments on the 20th day of each month if you've met that goal.

I'm pleased with their service and the huge selection of merchants. Instead of selling random products like at ClickBank, I can instead market a retailer and the quality products they have to offer. I tend to sign up for a merchant or two a week and many of the programs are approved instantly.

I don't like waiting several days for a response from retailers and Share a Sale often eliminates this need. I'm still waiting on my ever elusive first sale, but I feel good about the content I'm putting out.

Also remember if you're a retailer and you're having a difficult time getting your products to sell and traffic to your website, check out the merchant program they offer. You set the commission amount and let others market your products and services for you. This will save you money for low costs and hopefully take your business to the next level. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment