Friday, June 3, 2011

Slowly, but eventually?

I got listed on Google and I thought that would be my biggest hurdle, but the real challenge is getting my site top ranked in the search pages. Yes, I make the first page if you Google home decor online buying advisor, but that's not an ideal search.

The competition for other words like home decor online or home decor reviews are in the millions. This will certainly be tough to get any real traffic from Google, but I will continue trying.

Right now I'm focusing on adding quality content and working to spread my link around the web as much as possible. I don't want to pay for traffic, so for now I'm relying on free methods. One site I've found was www.pingomatic.com and this site lets search engines/ blogs that your site has been updated. It seems great, but I don't know that it has helped me at all yet.

I also joined the Google Webmaster network and am using their suggestions to improve my site. Who knows better than the top search engine right? I'm still not listed in Yahoo or Bing to my knowledge and my traffic is still weak, so I'll keep trying various techniques to start making sales.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment